I was craving some truly flavorful pulled chicken that was also juicy and easy. This recipe was inspired by one I found on the Daily Dose of Pepper, and it completely fills the bill. Add some warmed corn tortillas and a little salsa fresca, and you're in heaven: Easy, delicious, and Weight Watchers friendly!
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 15 Ounces Canned Tomatoes With Adobo (we really like Muir Glen)
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles, 8 oz
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Pounds Uncooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lime
- In a medium skillet heat oil and add onions and garlic. Cook until soft or about 5 minutes and then add to slow cooker.
- Add the rest of ingredients to slow cooker and mix until combined well. Bury the whole chicken breasts in the mixture. Cut the lime in half, juice it, and add both the juice and squeezed lime halves to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hour on low or high for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from sauce, shred, and return to slow cooker for 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors from the sauce to mingle with the chicken.
- While the shredded chicken is warming in the sauce, make the salsa, then add some of the salsa and salt to some mashed avocado for killer guacamole, and don't forget to warm the tortillas--it makes them soooo much better!
- Now build yourself a great taco! and Enjoy!
- Salsa/Guacamole Lover's Bundle
From $49.35 Regular Price $51.95
To $82.59 Regular Price $86.94
- Camerons Tortilla Warmer$10.00
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- HeatTHAT! Serving Pieces$39.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Fox Run Meat Shredders$16.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99