We're trying to eat healthier in the new year, and one easy way is to substitute vegetable pasta for grain pasta. This dish is amazing, impressive and easy.
1 Medium Zucchini
1 Meyer Lemon
1 Slice Prosciutto
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Olive Oil, for spraying
1 Pinch Sugar
Dried Hot Chiles
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into zucchetti by spiralizing it on the thinest setting (short of angel hair). Put the zucchetti in a microwave safe dish.
- Cut off the ends of the lemon, cut it in half pole to pole. Cut a "v" in each half to remove the center pith and scrape out the seeds. Using the slicing disk in the Big Mouth Chopper, cut each half into thin slices of quarter lemons. Blanch the lemon slices in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and dry between paper towels.
- Cut the prosciutto into small pieces with the Cut 'n Chunks and cook it on a microwave safe plate between 2 pieces of paper towel for 1 minute.
- Spray a nonstick muffin pan with olive oil, put 1T of water in each muffin cup, and carefully crack the eggs, putting one whole egg in each muffin cup. Bake in the oven until just set, about 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add the dried lemon pieces and season with a pinch each of salt and sugar. Cook until the lemons are caramelized and browned at the edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- About 3 minutes before the eggs are done, microwave the zucchetti for one minute at full power.
- Assembly: Distribute the zucchetti among the bowls and spray with olive oil (only 1 spray for each bowl). Add 6 or so slices of carmelized lemon and some of the prosciutto to each bowl and grind dried chiles on to taste. Loosen each egg with a mini spatula, scoop it out and drain each poached egg with a slotted spoon and place it on top of the zucchetti, grate a little fresh parmesan on top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta RakeAs low as $10.99
- Cooks Innovations SimmerMat$16.95
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Progressive Cut Resistant GloveAs low as $9.99
- Kuchenprofi Tweezer Tongs$11.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Wok Turner$11.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- Gefu Spiralfix$49.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Trudeau Silicone Muffin Pan$27.99
- Lékué Steam CaseAs low as $25.99
- Paderno 4-Blade Spiralizer$49.95
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Progressive Microwave Grill$12.60
- fusionbrands Mushroom (and other vegetables) ClothAs low as $4.99
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- Yamazaki Pasta Set$34.99
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- Oggi Double-Walled Stainless Steel Bowls with LidsAs low as $19.99