For years we have loved bitters: both as an essential and wonderful additive to many cocktails and, when mixed with soda, to make us feel better when we’ve over-indulged with food or drink. Bitters started their life as remedies for all sorts of ailments, because they’re basically infusions in alcohol of all sorts of roots, barks, herbs, spices and other botanicals, many with claimed curative effects.
Now bitters have re-emerged as the hottest trend in the re-invigorated cocktail culture, and there are literally dozens on the market. But the real mark of the budding mixologist in all of us is to make your own. The process isn’t difficult, but assembling all the herbs, roots and paraphernalia is. So that’s the part that we’ve done for you.
The Colbrook Kitchen Bespoke Bitters Kit comes with everything you need to make two Recipes of Bitters: Aromatic and Citrus Ginger … all you add is the alcohol, the time and the love (and maybe some other handy ingredients, if you want to make something truly and uniquely your own). The easy-to-use Instructions also are included in the Kit.
So, what’s in the Kit? First, you’ll find all the dry ingredients - the Botanicals: all the herbs, spices, roots, barks, and more - that you’ll need for both Recipes. Like the classic commercial bitters, we’ve developed these Recipes over long periods of experimentation and testing. The Kit also includes an Infusion Jar for the main step of production, Instruction Card, Instruction Labels to affix to the Infusing Jar to help you keep track of dates and the steps of production (because 3 weeks later you don't want to have to hunt for the instruction card!), a beautiful Stainless Steel Funnel with a Mesh Screen (that you can also use to decant wine!), to strain your bitters into the 4 Green Glass 100ml Euro Dropper Bottles (with shaker top) - 2 for each Recipe, and Labels for your finished bottles that have a place for you to put your name and the date. All these are included in the Kit. After you complete filling and hand-labeling the Dropper Bottles, your Bitters are ready to serve … or to give as gifts to friends and family!
We’re very excited about introducing the Colbrook Kitchen Bespoke Bitters Kit and we hope that you will be too!
We're also offering Refill Kits of each Recipe, which include the Botanicals, 2 Green Glass 100ml Euro Dropper Bottles (with shaker top), Instruction Card, Instruction Label, and Labels for your finished bottles. After our initial rollout, we’ll be offering additional Refill Kits with other Recipes that we develop over time. We welcome your suggestions for new Recipes!
These Kits are available exclusively at Colbrook Kitchen, and we hope that you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed developing them for you. Of course, we think this is a Cool Tool and hope that you’ll agree.
As an introductory price for this holiday season, we’re selling the whole Kit for $49.99, including Shipping to anywhere in the US and the Refill Kits for $19.99 each, including Shipping to anywhere in the US, (international shipping rates will apply). Get this for yourself, or as the coolest gift that you can give for the Holidays. We plan to start shipping by the end of November.
Original Bespoke Bitters Kit includes:
- Ingredients for 1 recipe of Aromatic Bitters
- Ingredients for 1 recipe of Citrus Ginger Bitters
- 1 Glass Infusing Jar
- 4 Green Glass 100ml Euro Dropper Bottles with shaker top
- 1 Stainless Steel Funnel with Stainless Steel Mesh Insert
- Instruction Card
- 2 Instruction Labels to attach to the infusing jar (because 3 weeks later you don't want to have to hunt for the instruction card!)
- 4 Finished Bottle Labels
Refill Kit includes:
- Ingredients for 1 recipe of Bitters
- 2 Green Glass 100ml Euro Dropper Bottles with shaker top
- Instruction Card
- 1 Instruction Label to attach to the infusing jar (because 3 weeks later you don't want to have to hunt for the instruction card!)
- 2 Finished Bottle Labels
- Charles Viancin Suction Glass MarkersAs low as $5.50
- Charles Viancin Silicone CoastersAs low as $3.99
- Charles Viancin Wine Bottle StopperAs low as $3.00
- Nuance Mortar & PestleSpecial Price $69.99 Regular Price $79.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone LidsAs low as $8.99
- Nuance Wine Finer$28.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- Charles Viancin Winterberry and Poinsettia Silicone...As low as $9.99
- Tovolo Precision Cutting Guide MatsAs low as $7.00
- OXO Steel Double Jigger$9.99
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Glass Covers (XSmall Lids...As low as $9.99