Bitters aren't just for cocktails, they're also for cocktail hour. Try these wonderful and addictive nuts!
4 Cups Raw and Whole Shelled Nuts, pecans, almonds and walnuts
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Finely Minced Fresh Rosemary
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or Ground Chipotle Chili
1 Tablespoon Aromatic Bitters
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Maldon Sea Salt (or Coarse Sea Salt or Kosher Salt)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, giving them a shake at the 5 minute mark;
- Melt butter (easiest to do this in a large glass or polyprolene bowl in the microwave--note:melamine bowls are not microwave safe, so don't do this with a melamine bowl);
- Mix all of the other ingredients, except salt, into the butter in a large bowl;
- Remove nuts from oven and turn oven down to 250° F;
- Add the warm nuts to the bowl and toss until evenly coated; add the salt and mix again.
- Put back in the oven for about 10 minutes to set the coating;
- Serve warm or at room temperature. If storing keep in an airtight container - but we doubt that you will have any left over. These are highly addictive.
Alternative: Substitute Citrus GInger Bitters for Aromatic and Ground Ginger for Ground Cinnamon.