This is a great "morning after" company dish: it's delicious and you do almost all of it the day before.
4 Ounces Pancetta, chopped coarse
1 Pound Chicken Italian Sausages, casing removed
2 Chipotle Peppers, chopped
3 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
8 Extra Large Eggs
4 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Thyme
3 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
3/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, cut into bits
1 Pound Bread: Challah, cut into 1" cubes
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1/4 Cup Chives, minced, plus additional for garnish
1 Fresh Pasilla Chili, cut into rings
3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1/4 Cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Sauté pancetta in medium non-stick skillet over low medium heat until lightly browned and rendered (but not crisp).
- Mix together chipotle chilies and sausages and sauté in same skillet with pancetta until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage and pancetta to paper towels and drain well.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk milk, eggs, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, pancetta, sausage, bread, onion, chili slices, chives and Parmesan cheese and stir to blend.
- Transfer to prepared dish. Cover (with a Viancin Banana Leaf Silicone Lid) and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake strata uncovered until puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and goat cheese and bake until mozzarella melts, about 5 minutes. Transfer pan to rack and cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00
- Charles Viancin Big Silicone Lids (oversized round...As low as $15.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- The Large Cheese Knife$21.99
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- RSVP Onion Goggles$19.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Charles Viancin Banana Leaf Silicone LidsAs low as $15.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99