These go in the center of the Beef and Onion Soup, but could be served alone.
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Bunches Green Onions, sliced with the Herb Scissors or a knife
1/2 Cup Half and Half
2 Large Egg
1 Egg Yolk
1 Cup Swiss Cheese, grated
1/2 Teaspoon Sel Gris (grey sea salt)
1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly; transfer to blender.
- Add cream, eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth..
- Divide custard among prepared cups.
- Fill pan with enough hot water to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake flans until centers are softly set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool flans 10 minutes in pan of water.
- Remove mold from water and let cool 10 minutes more.
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- Brabantia Wok Turner$18.00
- Joseph Joseph Duo Bake$14.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Tovolo Blender ScraperAs low as $8.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- The Large Cheese Knife$21.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $28.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Tovolo Flex-Core SpatulasAs low as $12.99
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95