2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, chopped with the Garlic Rocker
1/2 Onion, diced with the Big Mouth Chopper
8 Ounces Cubed Pancetta (or Bacon, or Proscuitto)
1 Pound Zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick with the Tari Slicer, ~3 1/2C
2 Large Eggs, room temperature
3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Chipotle Chiles, diced fine with the Herb Mincer
Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper, to taste
12 Ounces Linguini
8 Large Basil Leaves, cut into thin strips with the Herb Scissors
Grated Parmesan Cheese, to pass in the Cheese Server
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until pale golden, about 1 minute.
- Add meat and sauté until crisp.
- Add onion, and sauté until just starts to color.
- Add zucchini and sauté until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, chiles and Parmesan in large bowl to blend.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; add to egg mixture and toss to coat (heat from pasta will cook eggs).
- Add zucchini mixture and half of basil to pasta; stir gently to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve.
- Pass additional Parmesan Cheese.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -