Frittata "2-2-2" (vegetables-meat-cheese)
3 large eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons non-fat cottage cheese
2 Ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
1 Teaspoon fresh herbs (like thyme or oregano)
1 Teaspoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced shallot
2 Ounces any vegetable left over in the refrigerator (asparagus, zucchini, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 Ounces cooked meat or poultry (i.e. chicken, sausages, pancetta, beef, bacon, etc.), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, about 5 inches from heating element; heat broiler. Whisk eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl until well combined, about 30 seconds. Stir in cottage cheese, Gruyère and herbs. Set egg mixture aside.
- Heat oil in 8-inch nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium heat until shimmering; add shallot and cook until shallot softens slightly, add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and almost tender, about 2 minutes; add meat and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and shake skillet to distribute eggs evenly; cook without stirring for 2 minutes to let bottom set.
- Slide skillet under broiler and broil until frittata has risen and surface is puffed and spotty brown, 5-6 minutes; when cut into top with small knife, eggs should be slightly wet and runny.
- Remove skillet from oven and let stand 2 minutes on a cooling rack to finish cooking; using spatula, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto platter or cutting board. Cut into wedges with the Joseph Joseph Scoot and serve.
This recipe can be made with anything left in the refrigerator at the end of the week. Add fresh herbs to create the flavor profile that you want.
The Secret to a good frittata is not to stir the eggs too much once they're in the pan--this makes the frittata fluffier and puffier.
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $28.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker$14.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- Gefu Asparagus PeelerSpecial Price $13.99 Regular Price $19.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Trudeau Dripless Oil & Vinegar BottlesAs low as $21.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- OXO Pizza Cutter$12.99
- The Cheese KnifeAs low as $15.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99