This is one of those dishes where the whole is so much more than the sum of the parts. It's one of our favorite spring dishes when both fresh peas and fresh morels are available. This works particularly well with the Fasta Pasta, which produces more concentrated pasta water.
Salt, to taste
1/4 Pound Spaghetti (225 g)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Fresh Peas
1 Ounce Fresh Morel Mushrooms, cut into small pieces
1/2 Cup Reserved Pasta Water (120 Ml)
2 1/2 Ounces Grated Parmesan Cheese (115 g) or pecorino romano cheese
- Add pasta, salt and water to the Fasta Pasta. Cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the package instructs, until al dente. Save pasta water, drain.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, butter, and pepper, and stir to combine. Add morels and peas and sauté for about 5 mins.
- Stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Toss in the cooked pasta. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the Parmesan and toss until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well-coated.
- Season with salt, if desired. Add remaing Parmesan.
- Fasta PastaAs low as $14.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta RakeAs low as $10.99
- fusionbrands Mushroom (and other vegetables) ClothAs low as $4.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Trudeau Dripless Oil (or Syrup) & Vinegar BottlesAs low as $21.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- Pasta Lover's Bundle
From $105.39 Regular Price $110.94
To $110.14 Regular Price $115.94
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $28.99
- AdHoc "Pisa" Cheese Grater$27.49
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Yamazaki Pasta Set$34.99