This is one of those dishes where the whole is so much more than the sum of the parts. It's one of our favorite spring dishes when both fresh peas and fresh morels are available. This works particularly well with the Fasta Pasta, which produces more concentrated pasta water.
Salt, to taste
1/4 Pound Spaghetti (225 g)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Fresh Peas
1 Ounce Fresh Morel Mushrooms, cut into small pieces
1/2 Cup Reserved Pasta Water (120 Ml)
2 1/2 Ounces Grated Parmesan Cheese (115 g) or pecorino romano cheese
- Add pasta, salt and water to the Fasta Pasta. Cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the package instructs, until al dente. Save pasta water, drain.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, butter, and pepper, and stir to combine. Add morels and peas and sauté for about 5 mins.
- Stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Toss in the cooked pasta. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the Parmesan and toss until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well-coated.
- Season with salt, if desired. Add remaing Parmesan.
- Yamazaki Pasta Set$34.99
- Fasta Pasta$14.99
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta Rake$10.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Cuisipro V-Graters$27.99
- Pasta Lover's Bundle
From $105.39 Regular Price $110.94
To $110.14 Regular Price $115.94
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood Tools$4.99
- Capabunga Cheese Vault$28.99
- AdHoc "Pisa" Cheese Grater$27.49
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99