Tuna salad is a pretty quick, tasty and healthy lunch...except for the mayonaise. We've tried replacing the mayonaise with yogurt or Faux Fromage Frais, but nothing really worked... until Kennedy said: why not try an avocado... that was nothing short of brilliant! Here's our new favorite tuna salad with our favorite healthy fat.
1 Ripe Avacado
1 Small Lime, zested and juiced
1/8 Cup Chopped Pea Shoots (optional, but it adds such freshness)
2 Stalks Celery, peeled to remove the outside fiberous strings and diced with the Big Mouth Chopper
1/4 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
1/2 Jalapeno, diced fine with the Garlic Cube
1 Green Onion, sliced fine with the Herb Scissors
1 Can Tuna Fish, drained
1/8 Cup Slivered Almonds
Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Pepper and Perfect Spice, to taste
- Mash avocado with lime zest and juice.
- Add tuna and flake apart.
- Add remaining ingredients, except paprika, and mix.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
- Norpro Avocado Slicer$12.98
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Tovolo Flexible Cutting Mats (Set of 4)As low as $9.99
- Tovolo Silicone SpatulaAs low as $7.00
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- 015 Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Tovolo Flex-Core SpatulasAs low as $12.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99