There is a very sensuous scene in the movie "Chef" where Jon Favreau makes a simple but gorgeous pasta dish for Scarlett Johansson. This is that dish!
1/2 Pound Dried Spaghetti (you want a reasonably thick spaghetti for this)
1/4 Cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
3 Large Garlic Cloves, cut into thin slivers
1/2 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, minced
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
Ground Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan. Toss until spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the garlic oil.
- Remove pan from heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well.
- Check for flavor and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Squeeze lemon to taste.
- Garnish with more Parmesan.
- Take a meat fork and twirl the pasta horizontally, then deliver it to the dish vertically for a great presentation.
- Lékué Citrus Press$11.99
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta RakeAs low as $10.99
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- AdHoc "Pisa" Cheese Grater$27.49
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $28.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Fasta PastaAs low as $14.99
- Stainless Steel Serving TongsAs low as $14.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Yamazaki Pasta Set$34.99