Pork Tenderloin Roasted With Tomatoes, Potatoes, and Olives
Pork tenderloin can be a wonderful "other white meat", but it can also be dry and tough if you don't treat it well.. This one-dish meal brings all the flavors of summer together and keeps the pork tender and juicy.
20 Cloves Garlic
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Lemon, quartered, seeds removed
1 Tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger Root
1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, + some to oil the pan
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Large Lemon, sliced thin
1 Package Pork Tenderloin
1 Pound Small Yukon Gold Potatoes, ~2" in diameter, quartered
2 Sweet Peppers, cut into 2" spears
4 Plum Tomatoes, halved lengthwise
10 Kalamata Olives, pitted and sliced thin lengthwise
1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven 250° and spray some olive oil in a 13x9 shallow baking pan
- Remove silver skin from pork.
- Process 2 cloves of garlic, the lemon quarters, ginger, adobo sauce, 1 1/2T oil and salt.
- Brush pork generously with garlic-lemon mix and season with S&P. Let sit at least 20 minutes.
- Toss potatoes and remaining garlic with 1/2T olive oil and bake while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- When potatoes are slightly brown remove pan from oven and put potatoes and garlic aside.
- In same baking pan make bed of overlapping lemon slices and place pork on the lemon slices.
- Arrange potatoes and garlic around pork and sprinkle with olives and rosemary.
- Roast pork in middle of oven for ~20 min.
- Brush pork with remaining garlic-lemon mix.
- Toss tomatoes and sweet peppers with remaining oil until well coated and add to pan.
- Roast ~10 mins. more--until meat thermometer registers 150°.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Move lemon slices to serving plate, slice pork and fan across lemon slices, surround with vegetables, serve and enjoy!
May also be made with chicken breasts which are skinned, but not boned.
It may also be made with cut-up skinless boneless chicken breasts, but after roasting the potatoes and garlic, quarter the lemon slices and do the remainder in a covered glass or ceramic dish in the microwave.
- Stainless Steel Serving TongsAs low as $14.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- OXO V-Blade Mandoline SlicerAs low as $39.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Tovolo Flexible Cutting Mats (Set of 4)As low as $9.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Rösle Basting Mop$39.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Architec Recipe Rock$9.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00