This is a low cal and tasty light dinner--all you need is a vegetable or salad, a good wine, and good company.
1 Cup Wild Rice
3 Cups Chicken Broth
10 Cloves Garlic, sliced thin
1 Bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 Cup Corn, fresh off cob or good frozen
1/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
6 Salmon Fillets
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon Paprika
- Rinse rice, then put rice and chicken broth in a pot. Boil rice for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the rice, and let it soak in the hot chicken broth for 1 hour.
- Add garlic. (We use the Garlic Slicer to make thin slices so the garlic almost melts into the rice)
- Simmer wild rice and garlic in broth, covered, until tender (45 min - 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper, paprika and lemon.
- Roast salmon skin side down on ungreased broiler pan for about 15 minutes, until done, but not overcooked. (Or remove salmon skin as specified in the Cool Tip and roast on a non-stick baking sheet)
- Mix rice with remaining ingredients and divide among 6 plates.
- Remove salmon from the skin with a thin spatula and lay a fillet on each plate on top of the rice mixture.
We first encountered this dish at least 20 years ago in a restaurant near Lake Tahoe; its flavors were so wonderful that we went home, reverse-engineered it, and have been serving it ever since.
- Lékué Rice&Grain Cooker$35.00
- Mastrad Mesh Infuser$5.99
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- Trudeau Dripless Oil & Vinegar BottlesAs low as $21.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Cuisipro Fish Tongs$19.99
- Stainless Steel Serving TongsAs low as $14.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- COOKINA BBQ and Oven SheetsAs low as $19.99
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99