This is great to serve with caviar and all the fixings...and they're easier to make than they look.
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Buckwheat Flour
4 Teaspoons Sugar
1 1/4 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
1/4 Teaspoon Salt (generous)
1 Cup Whole Milk
3 Tablespoons Butter, cut into cubes
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Place milk and butter in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until butter melts and thermometer registers 110°F (if mixture gets too warm, cool until temperature returns to 110°F). Pour warm milk mixture into flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Cover with a silicone lid and let stand in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, 1 to 1½ hours.
- Whisk buckwheat batter to deflate; then whisk in eggs.
[Do ahead Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Transfer to large bowl. Cover; chill (may increase in volume; rewhisk before using).]
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Brush lightly with melted butter. Working in batches, pour 2 teaspoons batter for each blini onto griddle, spacing apart. Cook until bubbles form on top and begin to pop, about 1½ minutes. Turn blinis; cook until golden brown on bottom, about 1½ minutes. Transfer to baking sheet. Tent with foil and place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining blinis.
[Do ahead: Blinis can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover, and chill. Brush blinis lightly with melted butter and rewarm on baking sheet covered loosely with foil in 350°F oven 5 minutes.]
- Arrange warm blinis on platter.
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- Mastrad Silicone BrushAs low as $9.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Charles Viancin Tomato Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- fusionbrands ButterEasy$4.99
- Progressive Prokeeper CanistersAs low as $5.99
- Charles Viancin Citrus Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Winterberry and Poinsettia Silicone...As low as $9.99
- 180 Tappi Champagne Stopper from AdHocAs low as $12.99
- Nuance Silicone BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Tovolo Pancake PenAs low as $9.99
- fusionbrands PopMeasureAs low as $3.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone LidsAs low as $8.99
- Fox Run Brands Swift Sift$16.90
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00
- Cuisipro Silicone Wok Turner$11.99
- Charles Viancin Grape Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99