This is a beautiful, delicious dish that's made easy with a few Cool Tools.
1/2 Ounce Dried Porcini Mushrooms
14 1/2 Fluid Ounces Chicken Broth
1/2 Kafir Lime Leaf
1/8 Piece Vanilla Bean
2 Ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced with a mushroom slicer
1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/4 Teaspoon Porcini Powder
1/4 Cup Ricotta Cheese
8 Wonton Wrappers, for 4 ravioli each
Chives minced with the Herb Scissors
Mix the broth, kafir lime leaf, porcini mushromms and vanilla bean and bring to a boil in small Multi Pot. Boil for 3 minutes, then turn heat off, cover pot and let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain liquid through a fine cheesecloth or coffee filter.
- Rinse and reserve the procini mushrooms.
- Wash the pot and return the broth to the pot. Simmer to reduce to about 3/4 cup.
- Put porcini mushrooms and sliced mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat oil, herbs and seasonings in medium skillet over medium-high heat. When oil starts to shimmer, add the mushroom mixture and porcini powder and sauté until liquid completely evaporates, ~5 mins.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl and stir in ricotta. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using the Ravioli Maker lay one wonton wrapper on the mold. Moisten the perimeter of each wrapper with a silicone brush dipped in bowl of water. Drop 1T filling onto each wrapper. Seal using the Ravioli Maker and place on wax paper. Repeat. (May be covered loosely with plastic wrap and left at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerated for 4 hours.)
- To Serve:
Bring at least 2 qts. of water to a simmer in a large, deep skillet. When water starts to simmer, add the salt and oil. Drop 8 ravioli into the simmering water. Cook until the wrappers over the filling start to wrinkle and the ravioli turn from opaque to translucent, ~3-4 mins.
Remove with a Pasta Rake or slotted spoon to shallow soup plates that have been warmed in a warm oven and add some chives.
- At the table pour about 2 ounces of hot broth into each bowl over the ravioli. Enjoy!
- Tovolo Pancake Pen$9.99
- Norpro Krona Multi Pot$34.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Mastrad Silicone Brush$9.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- Oxo Measuring Beakers$9.99
- Brabantia Wok Turner$18.00
- Kuchenprofi Dumpling Makers$23.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta Rake$10.99
- Carré Olive Wood Spoons$15.00
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- OXO Food Scale$49.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Ladle$11.99
- Fox Run Meat Shredders$16.99
- Fasta Pasta$14.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Carré Salt Keepers$24.99
- Nuance Basting BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95