This is a wonderful dessert--it's soft and running in the center, but cakelike on the outside.
6 Ounces Butter, plus extra for molds
6 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, Valrhona
3 Egg Yolks
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Smoked Jalapenos (chipotle), optional
6 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Teaspoons Flour, plus extra for molds
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Butter and flour 6-4 oz. brioche molds twice (try using melted butter), knocking out excess flour
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave.
- Beat together eggs, egg yolks, chipotle and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until light and thick
- Beat together chocolate and butter; pour in the egg mixture and quickly beat in flour until just combined
- Divide batter among the molds (you can refrigerate the molds for several hours before baking, just bring them back to room temperature before they go in oven)
- Bake molds on a tray for 7 minutes. Center will be soft but sides will be set.
- Invert each mold onto a plate and leave for about 10 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of the mold; the cake will fall onto the plate. Serve immediately.
There is no getting around buttering and flouring the molds. I tried all sorts of non-stick and they don't work as well as classic tin brioche molds.
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- Joseph Joseph Duo Bake$14.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Brabantia Wok Turner$18.00
- Fox Run Meat Shredders$16.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Nuance Silicone BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Tovolo Pancake Pen$9.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone LidsAs low as $8.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99