This is great with duck breast or pork tenderloin. Sauce can be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat before adding juices from duck or pork.
2 1/2 Cups Fresh Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (preferably dark amber or Grade B)
1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Canned Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
1 Cinnamon Stick (3- to 4-inch)
2 Whole Cloves
1 Teaspoon Salt
- Boil all sauce ingredients in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, skimming foam occasionally, until syrupy and reduced to about 1 cup, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand.
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- HeatTHAT! Serving PiecesAs low as $39.99
- Final Touch Fill & Store$10.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Vineyard Table Serving PiecesAs low as $14.99
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95
- Nuance Silicone BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95