Here's what you make when life (or the garden or a friend) gives you too many zucchinis...and it's delicious!
3 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Granulated Sugar (11.25 ounces)
3/4 Cup Low Fat Buttermilk
1/2 Cup Avocado or Olive Oil
1 Orange Zest
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
1 1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour (7.5 ounces)
1/2 Cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (2 ounces)
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Cup Shredded Zucchini (10 ounces)
1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a bundt pan with olive oil (use a silicone brush if you need to spread th eoil more) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, sugar, buttermilk, oil, zest and chili powder.
- Sift together and add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir until just combined and no dry streaks remain.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini and pecans.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top springs back lightly to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely. Unmold.
- Serve alone, with chocolate glaze or a dollop of lightly sweetened chocolate whipped cream
Do not squeeze and drain the zucchini; the moisture in the zucchini keeps the cake moist.
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- Tovolo Flex-Core Spatulas$12.99
- Carré Salt Keepers$24.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Tovolo Silicone Spatula$7.00
- AdHoc "Tutto" Pump Oil / Vinegar SprayerSpecial Price $15.00 Regular Price $24.99
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- Whisk Wiper$19.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Fox Run Brands Swift Sift$16.90
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Progressive Nut Chopper$12.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar Sprayer$19.99
- Nuance Basting BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- The Cake Knife$30.00
- Mastrad Silicone Brush$9.99