Jalepeno-scallion Corn Muffins With Cheddar Cheese
These are a great wake-up for your mouth!
Olive Oil, to spray
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (1 Stick), melted
10 Medium Scallions, sliced thin, (about 1 1/4 cups) (10 to 12)
2 Jalapeno Chile Peppers, sliced paper thin, reserve enough slices for 2 per muffin
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
250 Grams Unbleached All-purpose Flour (or 262 grams of sprouted wheat flour)
115 Grams Fine-ground Whole-grain Yellow Cornmeal
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Milk
8 Ounces Grated Cheddar Cheese (2 Cups)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray standard muffin tin with olive oil.
- Melt butter.
- Mix scallions, jalepenos, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ground black pepper.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining salt in medium bowl to combine; set aside.
- Whisk eggs in second medium bowl until well combined and light-colored, about 20 seconds.
- Add sugar to eggs; whisk vigorously until thick and homogenous, about 30 seconds;
add melted butter in 3 additions, whisking to combine after each addition.
Add half the sour cream and half the milk and whisk to combine; whisk in remaining sour cream and milk until combined.
- Stir grated cheddar cheese and jalepeno/scallion mixture into wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix gently with rubber spatula until batter is just combined and evenly moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, divide batter evenly among muffin cups, dropping it to form mound. Do not level or flatten surface of mounds. Top with remaing jalepeno slices
- Bake until muffins are light golden brown and skewer inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 18 minutes, rotating muffin tin from front to back halfway through baking time.
- Cool muffins in tin 5 minutes; invert muffins onto wire rack, stand muffins upright, cool 5 minutes longer, and serve warm.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic. Bring them to room temperature or re-warm the muffins before serving.
- The Large Cheese Knife$21.99
- Cooks Innovations Butter MillAs low as $14.99
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- Trudeau Silicone Muffin Pan$27.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Tovolo Flex-Core SpatulasAs low as $12.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- 439 KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Nuance Silicone BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Progressive Prokeeper CanistersAs low as $5.99
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $29.99
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- Butterie Butter DishAs low as $12.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- fusionbrands ButterEasy$4.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest StorageAs low as $9.99
- Mastrad Silicone BrushAs low as $9.99