Garlic Shrimp and Black Beans and Lime (WW 8 Points)
This is a healthy, delicious go-to week-night dish that's easy and quick to prepare, but impressive enough for company.
4 Garlic Cloves, sliced, divided
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
12 Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Chipotle
1 Lime, zested and juiced
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
1 Chipotle Chile
1 Kafir Lime Leaf, preferably fresh (optional)
1 Can Chopped Tomato, we use Muir Glen with either chipotle or adobo for extra spice (you can also use fresh tomatoes in season)
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
1 Can Black Beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
1/4 Cup Taquila
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp. oil, shrimp, chipotle and lime zest in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat shrimp.
- Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a large, heavy, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 2 garlic cloves, chile, and kafir lime leaf and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, 1-2 minutes (do not allow garlic to burn). Add tomato; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tomato is completely broken down, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until paste is deep red and caramelized, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in beans, taquila and broth. Bring to a brisk simmer and cook until juices are slightly reduced and thickened, 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scatter shrimp over beans in an even layer.
- Roast for 12 minutes. Drizzle lime juice over shrimp and beans; garnish with cilantro and sliced avocado. Serve over rice, if desired
- fusionbrands PopMeasureAs low as $3.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Tovolo Precision Cutting Guide MatsAs low as $7.00
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Tovolo Citrus Reamer$9.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- Oggi Double-Walled Stainless Steel Bowls with LidsAs low as $19.99
- Tovolo Flexible Cutting Mats (Set of 4)As low as $9.99
- Norpro Avocado Slicer$12.98
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Lékué Rice&Grain Cooker$35.00
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99