This is based on a wonderful recipe from David Lebovitz, baker extraordinaire.
For the cake:
1 Cup Almonds, Pecans, or Walnuts, Toasted (135g)
2 Cups Flour (280g)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
1 1/4 Cups Sugar (300g)
1 Lemon, zested
1 Cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil (212ml)
1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 Cups Finely Grated Zucchini (300g), squeezed
For the lemon glaze:
1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (60ml)
1 Cup Powdered (confectioner’s) Sugar (140g)
2 Teaspoons Trader Joe's Yuzu Hot Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 9-10 cup (2.5l) bundt cake pan with a spray of olive oil, dust with flour, then tap out any excess.
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon zest and olive oil for 3 minutes on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Stop and scrape down the sides of the mixer, then add the lemon extract and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the mixer bowl to make sure everything is mixed in well, then beat on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and zucchini.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan, smooth the top, then bake the cake for ~60 minutes, until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake has begun to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- During the last few minutes of the cake baking, make the glaze by whisking together the lemon juice, powdered sugar and Yuzu Hot Sauce.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then carefully invert it onto a cooling rack. Brush the glaze over the cake with a silicone brush and let the cake cool completely.
- Mastrad Silicone Brush$9.99
- Nuance Basting BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Tovolo Flex-Core SpatulasAs low as $12.99
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- Gefu Nutmeg Grater$34.99
- Tovolo Citrus Reamer$9.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- Fox Run Brands Swift Sift$16.90
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Mastrad Silicone BrushAs low as $9.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- The Cake Knife$30.00