16 Ounces Wild Rice
5 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
16 Ounces Pecans, chopped
16 Ounces Golden Raisins
2 Orange Rind, grated
1 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
1/4 Cup Fresh Mint, chopped
4 Scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Smoked Duck Breast, meat cut in 1/4-1/2" dice, skin removed and diced
- Rinse and clean rice in cold water.
- Parboil the rice in broth for 5 minutes, then let sit in broth covered for about 1 hour.
- Simmer in broth uncovered for 30 min., then cover and continue to simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes more. Drain, if necessary.
- While cooking the rice, sauté the diced duck skin in a dry skillet over medium heat to render out the fat and crisp the skin to make duck cracklings. (Save the rendered duck fat for a future use!)
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for an hour to meld the flavors.
- Just before serving, sprinkle cracklings on top.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -